Senior Manager of Care Training & Implementation
About the Senior Manager of Care Training & Implementation at Headspace
Headspace is your lifelong guide to better mental health. We make mental health support accessible to everyone, no matter their background or experience. Through our flagship Headspace app, we provide mindfulness tools for everyday life, including meditations, sleepcasts, mindful movement and focus exercises. Our enterprise offerings combine this experience with a human-centered model of care, with coaching, therapy, psychiatry and EAP services under one roof. Our team of experts ranges from mental health clinicians, to Emmy award-winning producers and data scientists, working together as one to help millions of people around the world be healthier and more productive.
Members who have access to our personalized care plans receive the right level of care based on their needs - from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry. Our proprietary app delivers clinically validated self-care content, along with chat access to coaches and video access to therapists, psychiatrists for our members. At the moment of need, we provide our members with stigma-free access to high-quality coaches, clinicians and content.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Care Training and Implementation to join our team. This position also oversees all aspects of care provider training by managing Coach and Clinical Training Managers and Specialists. Close collaboration with Care Leadership, Care Quality Assurance, Care Operations, and Care Product teams is necessary. Strong passion about high quality, culturally responsive, and effective care is required.
The candidate should be passionate about ensuring that care is high-quality, effective, and based on best-practice, and able to scope, resource, and deliver training in order to support growth, new partnerships, and clinical quality as we scale. The candidate will demonstrate both attention to detail and ability to think broadly about systems at scale.
In this role, you will oversee a training program for coaches and clinicians (therapy and psychiatry) that encourages a culture of continuous improvement and includes all aspects of clinical training and professional development. This is a multifaceted position that requires someone who is skilled at building and maintaining relationships, effective at program management, intentional about content design, and adept at communication and facilitation.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace
- Responsible for managing and executing the Care Services Training Calendar, inclusive of Coaching and Clinical services planning to ensure adequate structure and coordinated, thoughtful planning of trainings in collaboration with Care Leadership and Training Team
- Identifies training strategy for the Care Team, including training focused on professional development as well as agency policies, product updates, continuing education offerings etc.
- Ensures all training deliverables are based in best practice, informed by relevant laws and ethical considerations, inclusive of all specialty programming, and thoroughly culturally responsive
- Tracks training compliance/attendance for all Care team members
- Responsible for developing structured relationships with:
- Care Leadership, including provider managers, team directors, and the Quality Assurance team, to ensure strong, transparent collaboration around training needs and planning for the teams
- Care Operations to ensure coordinated announcements and training for internal operational changes
- Internal Communications, including the Communications Associate for the Care Team, to ensure strong, transparent collaboration around internal organizational messaging, updates, and launches
- Purpose team/Sr Manager Care DEIB to increase cultural responsiveness of trainings offered to care providers
- Product team to ensure coordinated scheduling of all planned internal product releases
- Compliance team to ensure information regarding legal/ethical best practices and agency policies are communicated and trained on across the Care team
- Responsible for oversight and performance of a team of Training Managers and Specialists
- Works closely with Product team to provide feedback on development of clinical product tools (e.g., ClinHub/CareHub) and supports launch and implementation of new products and features for the Care team
- Identifies gaps in training plans and executes improvements in collaboration with the training team
Develops and implements training evaluations for all required offerings; responds adeptly to feedback provided by refining content and planning accordingly
- Oversees maintenance and ongoing improvements to the clinician training/resource website that informs care providers of upcoming plans and provides access to libraries of resources and prior training content
- Provide direct care to members
What you’ve accomplished
- Ability to toggle between high-level, systems thinking, and attend to highly detailed workflows in an exceptionally organized manner
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate across teams (e.g., Clinical, Engineering, Product)
- Ability to effectively manage teams and work collaboratively with administrative leadership, care providers, and various cross-functional Ginger/Headspace teams
- Experience developing and training through the lens of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and ensuring that care providers are trained to provide culturally responsive care
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing large scale, complex projects with cross functional teams
- Experience working with product teams and knowledge of basic product development practices
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively and developing meaningful partnerships
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment subject to ambiguity and change
- Practiced at openly receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Committed to personal ongoing professional development in the fields of mental health, training development, DEIB, and employee management
- Fluency in Google Suite and comfort with other tools that support online learning (e.g., EMR, Canvas, Litmos, Udemy, Asana, etc.)
Required Education and Experience
- Masters degree or higher in psychology, social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy or other relevant field
- An independent clinical license to practice in good standing (without need for clinical supervision)
- 5 years clinical experience providing direct care in the field of mental health, with familiarity in measurement based care
- 2 years experience designing training programs, workshops, and/or continuing education programs
- 2 years experience developing and leading a high performing team
Preferred (If applicable)
- PhD/PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with adolescents
- Full-time, salaried exempt position
- Typical work week: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm
- Flexible schedule, approximately 40+ hours/week
- Possible early-morning or after-hours requirements due to support across various time zones
Pay & Benefits
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $81,090 to $123,900. At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How to get started
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your resume and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.