Director, Risk Operations
Director, Risk Operations
At Current, we’re on a mission to enable our members to create better financial outcomes for themselves. Headquartered in NYC, we’re a leading U.S. fintech and one of the fastest growing companies with over 3 million members. No matter your title, we welcome everyone to build great products, grow quickly, and make an impact together.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Director, Risk Operations to join our rapidly growing team and lead Current’s Risk operations. Head of Risk Operations end to end owner of manual risk operations processes including fraud of all types, disputes and credit. The key objectives of this role are to operate these processes efficiently and effectively to achieve business goals of enabling business goals while minimizing risk and ensuring compliance. This role will report directly to the VP of Risk.
- Define, develop, deliver and manage key business processes relating to risk management including application and new account fraud, money movement risk, account takeover risk, fraud investigations, disputes including debit and credit card transactions.
- Lead a team of onshore and offshore Risk Operations specialists and analysts in a fast-paced environment which includes manual review and decisioning of some new account applications, risk alerted transactions, detecting and preventing fraud attacks and other risk mitigation processes
- Serve as an owner or major contributor around everything Risk-related operations across customer life cycle : KYC, money-in (Check deposits, ACH), money-out (transaction monitoring), credit card/ debit card/ P2P disputes and credit bureau disputes
- Owned and deliver risk operations goals for risk, cost, quality, timeliness while reducing friction for low risk users Develop and implement process measurement, efficiency and effectiveness improvement projects leveraging six sigma or other lean methodologies
- Consult and provide inputs to development and refinement of case management, business intelligence, high risk alerts and risk automation tools
- Delegate and prioritize effectively to ensure the sub-teams are focused on high impact needs and allocating time appropriately between project and core work
- Develop and maintain the risk operations policies and procedures
- Mentor, guide, and manage the team to incorporate best practices and career development
- Building and fostering, mentoring, and coaching the leadership talent we have in our team, and creating paths forward for every operational role to enrich the organization and retain our talent
- Effectively collaborate with partner teams (engineering, product, customer experience, risk strategy and compliance teams)
- 8+ years of progressive experience in risk operations including , fraud, disputes/chargebacks, payment processing in consumer fintech, deposit and credit businesses
- Prior leadership experience managing risk operations teams and processes is must
- Experience within the start-up space a plus.
- Undergraduate degree
- A passion for consumer financial services and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Experience extracting data via SQL and Looker is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This role has a base salary range of $180,000.00 to $250,000.00. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches