Senior Analytics Engineer
SENIOR ANALYTICS ENGINEER
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role on the data team will play an important part in contributing to the future of Current’s growth and serving data analytics and science needs of various teams at Current. Building dimensional models in the data warehouse, data marts and transformation pipelines is something you are proficient at.
You will contribute in building Data Warehouse and Data Models at Current. Partnering with data analysts, data scientists and engineers to support their data modeling and reporting needs will enable you to be successful in this role. You will also work closely with the engineering team to build an efficient data infrastructure and tooling for data ingestion, transformation and analytics purposes.
- Contribute in building data warehousing and data modeling strategy and roadmap.
- Build core data models and data marts in the Data Warehouse.
- Design and build data transformation pipelines, dimensional models, data marts and data aggregation layers in dbt, Airflow and Bigquery.
- Implement scalable and easy to use data models housing complex data sets
- Support Looker as a primary data reporting and analytics tool and build core data models in Looker to easily do sophisticated data analysis
- Work closely with product, marketing, Finance, Credit, Risk and other teams to support their analytics and modeling needs in Looker.
- Drive requirements for data infrastructure and engineering teams to build data integrations, robust tools and infrastructure.
- Implement framework and processes for data reconciliation and quality management.
- Build trust and confidence in the data that you and your team will transform/produce.
- 4+ years of experience working as a data engineer or analytics engineer.
- Implemented dimensional models and summarized data marts in the data warehouse
- Fluent in building data transformation pipelines, dimensional models and data marts. using one or more ETL or Transformation tools(Preferred: dbt)
- Proficient in dimensional modeling concepts to power meaningful analytics.
- 1+ year of experience building meaningful metrics, reports and dashboards in BI/reporting tools like (Preferred: Looker).
- Strong expertise in SQL and performance tuning.
- Experience working with services in cloud environment(s) like AWS or GCP.
- Programing experience in Python, Scala or other language(s)
- Focus on data quality, integrity and security
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience modeling data in dbt and Looker.
- Experience working with Financial services companies.
- Experience working with one or more MPP databases(Prefered: Bigquery, etc).
- Experience in D2C domains.
This role has a base salary range of $170,000-$205,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches