Manager, Card Operations
Manager, Card Operations
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster, and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
About the role
Cards are the physical manifestation of Current’s Brand and Product. As a Manager of Card Operations you will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class cards experience for Current customers. You will identify and solve opportunities to improve the card experience in order to drive efficient user growth. You will partner internally with product and engineering teams, and externally with cards vendors, to bring new experiences to life. This role is for someone hungry for ownership who is passionate about delivering great experiences to help a business thrive.
- Own the end to end program with a focus on improving cards activation rates and program efficiency.
- Identify opportunities, formulate hypotheses, and conduct in-depth analysis which illuminates opportunities to drive cards program improvements. Build consensus for proposed improvements, considering dimensions such as customer experience, costs, and time-to-market. Manage and deliver against a cards roadmap.
- Be the company expert in the end to end cards customer journey. Develop and manage experience maps to illuminate gaps and areas of opportunity.
- Fully own card operations performance, including daily deliveries, inventory management and forecasting, freight analysis, and experience fulfillment.
- Drive go-to-market for new experiences, partnering internally and externally to ensure launches are on-time and high quality.
- Own cards costs and revenue forecasting, monitoring, and improvements.
- Manage our vendor footprint in order to meet Current’s long term goals.
- Customer-focused - you are passionate about delivering best in class experiences which demonstrate our Brand promise
- Critical thinker - you consider problems from all angles to remove bias and touch bottom on key assumptions
- Creative problem-solver - able to identify obstacles and present viable solutions
- Detail-oriented - you often catch details others may have missed. You are passionate about making sure a process is fully understood and delivered against.
- Efficient - You drive efficiencies in process and repeated procedures
- Exceptional communicator. You drive consensus across varied stakeholders. You are comfortable influencing partners to drive impact.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Economics, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Prior experience working in operations, financial services, or consulting a plus. Familiarity with cards operations a plus.
- 4+ years as an individual contributor performing quantitative analysis and/or managing program performance
- 2+ years experience in business analysis
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and the ability to rapidly understand the business and its drivers. Motivated to self-learn in order to get the inputs you need to drive impact.
- Comfortable with analytical problem-solving and business case development
- Ability to write and execute SQL queries and troubleshoot data anomalies
This role has a base salary range of $125,000- $165,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches