Marketing Intern (paid)
About the role
Elektra Health is looking for a Marketing Intern to help us amplify our mission to smash the menopause taboo. Working cross-functionally with Elektra’s Marketing Lead and Product Design Associate, you’ll play an important role in supporting the day-to-day execution of our marketing strategy while gaining valuable, diverse experience in creative, editorial, community management, analytics, and more.
If you’re excited to work in a fast-paced environment — and passionate about empowering women and challenging the status quo — this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Where You Come In:
This is truly a jack-of-all-trades generalist marketing internship and the perfect opportunity to gain diverse experience across the following key areas:
- Develop visual assets for web (site, blog, landing pages), organic social, email, owned platform, and more. Note that we have existing templates/brand guidelines, so you won’t be starting from scratch.
- Assist in developing and updating product/sales marketing collateral (one-sheets, decks)
- Assist in stock image sourcing
Organic social & community management
- Own our Instagram presence from strategy through execution (content calendaring, asset creation, copywriting, posting, reporting)
- Interact with our Instagram community and engage with other relevant audiences in an on-brand tone of voice
Content optimization & analytics
- Build & publish blog posts in Wordpress
- Work on content updates as needed
- Assist with content analytics
- Assist with behind-the-scenes content/SEO maintenance (e.g., UTM code creation, internal linking, banners)
What It Takes To Succeed
The Elektra team is composed of passionate, thoughtful, execution-oriented individuals who like to roll up our sleeves and dig in. We’re a small team with BIG ambitions. Eager to be a part of it? Here’s what it takes to succeed in this role:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Figma and/or Canva, plus Wordpress (or willingness to learn)
- Deep understanding for users and storytelling, and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience
- A team player who is kind, inclusive, detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Location: NYC preferred as that’s where the founding team is based, but we’re open to remote for the right candidate
- Must be eligible to work in the United States as Elektra Health does not sponsor visas
- Compensation: $15/hr, 40 hrs/week
- Start date: ASAP
Elektra Health is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Elektra Health celebrates and embraces diversity.
Something looks off?