Machine Learning Intern (paid)
What we're looking for
Elektra Health is seeking a talented individual who possesses infinite curiosity, resourcefulness and optimism. You'll work along our Tech and Product teams to support the creation of groundbreaking technology. This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact in women’s health.
About Elektra Health
50 million women are currently navigating menopause in the US. While this transition is a universal female experience, it’s shrouded in stigma, shame, and secrecy. We believe it’s time to change this outdated narrative.
Elektra is built around one simple mission: smashing the menopause taboo. We’re creating a movement to reimagine menopause as the beginning of a new chapter, one that is powerful & transformative.
We provide deep expertise & science-backed solutions alongside community support & guidance. Our approach is holistic and integrative, and it starts with education from trusted experts.
We believe women deserve better. Join our movement to ensure every woman lives a bold, fearless & thriving menopause, and beyond.
We are seeking a driven Machine Learning Intern to work alongside our CTO and our Product/Technology teams to help develop unique apps/features working with biomarker and lifestyle data to identify risk factors and mitigate the development of health issues that may be associated with menopause.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about machine learning and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
- Design, develop, and deploy deep & machine learning applications using complex high dimensional signals.
- Establish and improve learning loops for AI systems to drive continuous improvements.
- Develop scalable solutions that can work in real-time with large amounts of data.
- Optimize and automate model training and testing for experimentation, development, and production.
- Lead short-term projects with a direct impact on the product.
- Stay on top of academic research to identify methods we should integrate.
Who we look for
- Currently pursuing a MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding with research and/or internship experience focusing on machine learning
- Strong technical knowledge of classical machine learning approaches as well as novel Deep Learning methods
- Experience writing or shipping ML software as part of coursework, personal projects, internships, competitions or research
- Proficiency with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch) as well as packages for machine learning such as scikit-learn and Pandas
- Experience in using AWS AI services (S3, EC2), ML platforms (SageMaker), Docker for building tech stack
- Problem-solving ('can do') mindset
- Remote OK but US-based.
Compensation: $15 - 20/hr