Join our Talent Community as a Psychiatrist!
Join our Psychiatrist Talent Talent Community to express interest in future Psychiatrist role openings as well as to receive communication from Headspace (formerly Ginger) to stay up to date on new initiatives, webinars, job openings, and more! You can expect to hear from us about once a month in your inbox. In the meantime, check out this page to learn more about what it is like to be part of the Headspace care team.
Thank you in advance for providing your information. Though we are not currently interviewing for psychiatrists, when a role becomes available this information can help us assess your background for future roles and fast track your application.
About the Psychiatrist role at Headspace:
In 2021, Headspace and Ginger joined forces to become the world's most comprehensive and accessible mental healthcare platform. In the midst of a growing mental health crisis, Headspace sets out to democratize mental healthcare so people everywhere could get the care they need, when they need it. Today, Headspace touches nearly 100 million lives worldwide through its brands Headspace, Ginger, and Headspace for Work. Headspace is changing the way the world thinks about mental healthcare, delivering beloved meditation and mindfulness exercises and one-on-one care anytime, anywhere.
On the Ginger platform, members receive a personalized care plan and the right level of care based on their needs - from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry. The Ginger proprietary app delivers clinically validated self-care content, along with chat access to coaches and video access to therapists, psychiatrists for our members. At the moment of need, we provide our members with stigma-free access to high-quality coaches, clinicians and content.
Headspace (formerly Ginger) is experiencing high-growth and is seeking psychiatrists to provide direct, virtual care as part of a multidisciplinary team. Psychiatrists will provide care only to members who reside in states in which the clinician is licensed. You will be part of the professional corporation affiliated with Ginger.
This is a remote position. Psychiatrists must reside in the US. Due to the nature of healthcare services provided to our customers, partners and members, all work must be provided in the U.S. Data, specifically personal health information may not be accessed, disclosed or used outside of the U.S. Please note that the U.S. is limited to the 50 states of the United States -- it does not include U.S. territories like Puerto Rico.
- Provide high quality, innovative, tele-psychiatry to Ginger patients over a HIPAA compliant video conferencing platform
- Complete, sign and lock clinical case notes within 24 hours of session
- Maintain your personalized database to record proof of licensure, license updates, expiration dates, personal information, etc.
- Stay in regular communication with clinical headquarters (checking and responding to emails in a timely fashion)
- Work with a collaborative care team including health coaches, other therapists, psychiatrists, and external care providers, which includes participating in weekly all-team meetings and weekly consultation groups
- Assist with other company projects:
- Support hiring efforts by conducting clinical interviews
- Support training efforts for 1099 clinicians, including peer review and other QA-related tasks
- On call duties
- Willingness and confidence to integrate cutting-edge technology into all aspects of your care
- Clinical competence in psychopharmacology and in evidence based practices (CBT, DBT, ACT, Mindfulness, etc.)
- Knowledge of current research to integrate into your practice
- Familiarity, comfort and confidence with technology - various applications, tech tools, Google web-apps, video conferencing, EMR, etc.
- **Tech-savviness is a must**
- Willingness and motivation to become licensed in other states as needed
- MD with completion of accredited psychiatry residency - BE/BC
- A license to practice psychiatry
- Licensure in multiple states is highly valued
- Experience with tele-psychiatry highly valued