Senior Android Engineer
About the Senior Android Engineer at Headspace:
At Headspace Health, you’ll be working on a highly impactful consumer facing product that impacts millions of members globally. Our mission is to transform mental healthcare to improve the health and happiness of people all over the world, so join us to make that happen! As an Android Software Engineer on the Engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65 million users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
What you will do:
- Design and build content experience features for Headspace Android application
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce technical specifications and determine operational feasibility of productsWrite and maintain well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Diligent in proper documentation and quality management and will spend the time learning Headspace methods and frameworks
- Enrollment in a one-on-one mentorship program and community, with external tech leaders, to gain personalized perspective on the challenges you will face and help ensure your success and professional growth at Headspace Health
What you will bring:
- 4+ years of experience working in Android development
- Deep familiarity with Java/Kotlin
- Experience working with Android frameworks, third party libraries and APIs
- Experience in development with mobile native technologies, architectural design patterns (MVC, MVVM), frameworks, TDD methodology and unit testing
- Experience with development tools such as Android SDK, iOS SDK, GIT version control system
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.Experience with Jetpack Compose UI
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience with MVVM architecture, Dagger, RoomDB is a plus
- Skilled at cloud architecture, testing, monitoring, alerting and are excited to apply these principles within the team
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $104,981 - $157,476.
At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.