Principal Finance Business Partner
About the Principal Finance Business Partner at Headspace:
Headspace is seeking an exceptional Principal Finance Business Partner to the Care and Operations organizations to join our Finance team and help support our rapidly growing business. This individual will play a key role in driving strategic business insights by closely supporting the Care and Operations business leaders. This individual will work on critical projects that will drive tangible results in our business. This role will help develop data-driven insights and partners closely with the B2B & D2C finance and business leadership teams to execute our vision of improving the health and happiness of the world. Our ideal candidate is someone who is detail-oriented, is comfortable with ambiguity, and has the ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
What you will do:
- Be a strong business partner to the Care and Operations organizations leading planning, forecasting and business analytics that ultimately drive short, medium and long term decisions in investment and outcomes
- Be a trusted advisor to the Finance Leadership team, proactively highlighting risk and opportunities related to business growth and optimal investment decisions or outcomes and providing business modeling and what-if scenarios
- Operate in a leader capacity, proactively influencing, leading & coaching across the Finance organization. Reporting into Finance executive leadership, this role is seen as the ‘go-to’ finance leader for the Care and Operations teams
- Collaborate on highly visible and cross-functional projects including the annual planning process to help prioritize resources, to aid in strategic decision making and identify initiative ROI
- Perform deep-dive analyses that drive actionable insights and recommendations for growth and optimization
- Build and improve FP&A processes and tools to improve data tracking and KPI monitoring
- Partner with key stakeholders with on-going and ad-hoc reporting and decision support
- Assist in forecasting supply and demand and key initiatives for the Care organization
- Perform detailed variance analysis (actuals/budget/prior year)
What you will bring:
- 5-8 years experience in roles supporting business decision making in a finance capacity
- Knowledge and experience with Health benefits/ Healthcare
- Ability to influence all levels of leadership to drive actions, behaviors, decisions and business outcomes
- Ability to lead teams to deliver exceptional results and drive business growth
- Exceptional track record of self-motivation, prioritization, initiative, and integrity
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience in presenting to business partners with confidence, conviction, and credibility
- Advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint applications
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- MBA / CPA / CFA designation
- Experience in both private and public companies
- Experience with ERP (e.g. NetSuite) and EPM (e.g. Adaptive Insights) systems
- Experience with Salesforce and Tableau
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $113,490-$159,540.
At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.