VP, Care Marketplace
About the VP, Care Marketplace at Headspace:
Headspace exists to improve the health and happiness of the world, and we’re accelerating our capabilities in order to deliver on that mission. We are actively seeking innovative and strategic solutions to scale our operations and ensure sustainable growth, ultimately enabling us to reach more members with the care they need. As part of this effort, we are excited to announce the creation of a VP, Marketplace Operations position.
We are committed to operational and strategic initiatives that enable scale, margins, and sustainable growth, all of which are critical to improving access to mental health care. We are looking to hire a VP to build and lead our marketplace operations from the ground up, enabling sustainable, effective, and efficient care delivery to our members.
Reporting directly to the COO at Headspace, this high-profile position will sit on the Marketplace Leadership Team. This individual will collaborate across the organization to best position this company priority for success.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced leader with a proven track record of success in building and managing complex operations. You must have an understanding of marketplaces and the ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively. You are also a strong communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build and inspire teams. You are excited to be a part of a mission-driven organization and are passionate about making a positive impact on the world.
What you will do:
Leading the creation and implementation of a robust marketplace strategy
- Identify key challenges and opportunities facing the mental health marketplace to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability.
- Develop a comprehensive roadmap for the marketplace, outlining key initiatives, partnerships, and resource allocation, with a focus on expanding breadth and depth of access to care for our members.
- Drive the implementation of the roadmap, working closely with cross-functional teams including leadership teams across Product, Commercial, Care Services, and Engineering.
Ensuring a balanced and sustainable mental health marketplace
- Manage the supply and demand of mental health access within the marketplace, ensuring timely access and availability for members across diverse specialties and needs.
- Develop strategies to optimize provider utilization and sustainability, including incentive programs, performance management, and data-driven insights.
- Track and analyze key marketplace metrics, including supply/demand ratio, provider utilization, member access times, and wait times, focusing on improving access and reducing barriers to care.
Building and managing a high-performing marketplace motion (operating mechanism)
- Develop and implement cross-org team structure, roles, and responsibilities specifically tailored to the needs of the mental health marketplace.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement across cross-org marketplace leads, actively encouraging the exchange of best practices and ideas.
Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Drive collaborative decision-making and alignment around marketplace initiatives, fostering a culture of shared ownership and responsibility.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across Product, Commercial, Care Services, Engineering, Finance, and Legal, ensuring clear communication and alignment around marketplace goals.
- Effectively communicate the needs and priorities of the marketplace to the broader organization, advocating for the vital role of mental health care.
- Manage dependencies and interdependencies with other teams, ensuring smooth collaboration and efficient workflow.
Contributing to the strategic direction of the company
- Provide insights and recommendations to leadership on the future of the mental health marketplace, anticipating trends and formulating innovative solutions.
- Identify and evaluate potential marketplace expansion opportunities, unleashing B2B and DTC growth, and focusing on serving new populations and addressing unmet needs.
- Lead the development and implementation of new marketplace features and functionalities, prioritizing user experience and provider satisfaction.
- Represent the marketplace on external committees and forums, promoting Headspace's commitment to accessible and equitable mental health care.
What you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience building and scaling complex marketplace or operations environments, ideally with experience nationwide.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing and collaborating with cross-org teams.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, operations management, or a related field required.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful strategies to drive operational efficiency, performance improvement, and cost optimization.
- Experience with data-driven decision making and utilizing data analytics to identify and address operational challenges.
- A deep understanding of operations management, metrics, systems, and data analysis.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the mental health industry or a related field is a plus.
- Master's degree is a plus but not required.
- Experience at a D2C subscription and / or B2B benefits company is a plus but not required.
If you are a passionate and experienced leader who is excited to build the future of the marketplace at Headspace, we encourage you to apply.
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $164,880-$247,600.
At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent Acquisition team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.