Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Part Time (1099 Contractor)
About the Part-Time 1099 Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Contractor role at Headspace
Headspace is your lifelong guide to better mental health. We make mental health support accessible to everyone, no matter their background or experience. Through our flagship Headspace app, we provide mindfulness tools for everyday life, including meditations, sleepcasts, mindful movement and focus exercises. Our enterprise offerings combine this experience with a human-centered model of care, with coaching, therapy, psychiatry and EAP services under one roof. Our team of experts ranges from mental health clinicians, to Emmy award-winning producers and data scientists, working together as one to help millions of people around the world be healthier and more productive.
Members who have access to our personalized care plans receive the right level of care based on their needs - from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry. Our proprietary app delivers clinically validated self-care content, along with chat access to coaches and video access to therapists, psychiatrists for our members.In moments of need, we provide our members with stigma-free access to high-quality coaches, clinicians and content.
We are currently seeking a 1099 licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner contractor licensed in NY, WA, OR, and CO to provide direct, virtual care as part of a multidisciplinary team. Nurse Practitioners will provide care only to members who reside in states in which the clinician is licensed.
The hourly rate range for this role is $80-$100/per session. Pay rate is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to location, skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills.
Contractors are expected to provide a minimum 8 hours a week of availability. More is always welcome, depending on your schedule.
Due to the nature of healthcare services provided to our customers, partners and members, all work must be provided in the U.S. Data, specifically personal health information, may not be accessed, disclosed or used outside of the U.S. Please note that the U.S. is limited to the 50 states of the United States -- it does not include U.S. territories like Puerto Rico.
What you will do
- Provide high quality, innovative, tele-psychiatry to Headspace patients over a HIPAA-compliant video conferencing platform
- Complete, sign and lock clinical case notes within 24 hours of session
- Maintain your personalized database to record proof of licensure, license updates, expiration dates, personal information, etc.
- Stay up to date with clinical leadership communication (checking and responding to emails in a timely fashion)
- Work with a collaborative care team including health coaches, other therapists, psychiatrists, and external care providers, which includes participating in weekly all-team meetings and weekly consultation groups
- Must be available for at least 8 hours per week
- Night and weekend flexibility is a plus
- PMHNP-BC with completion of accredited nurse practitioner program
- Licensure in multiple states is highly valued, specifically MUST be licensed in NY and at least one of the following states: WA, OR, CO
- Cross licensed and/or willing to cross license in multiple full scope of practice states
- 3+ years experience providing clinical psychiatry services
- Experience with tele-psychiatry highly valued
- Willingness and confidence to integrate cutting-edge technology into all aspects of your care
- Clinical competence in psychopharmacology and in evidence based practices (CBT, DBT, ACT, Mindfulness, etc.)
- Knowledge of current research to integrate into your practice
- Familiarity, comfort and confidence with technology - various applications, tech tools, Google web-apps, video conferencing, EMR, etc.
- **Tech-savviness is a must**
- Not currently employed by one of Headspace’s direct competitors
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent Acquisition team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.