Tequila Komos State Manager, California
The State Manager is responsible for leading sales and in-market execution of brand and sales strategies for the Tequila Komos portfolio in the California market(s), residing within market territory.
We’re looking for passionate storytellers who are motivated by the opportunity to play an active role in developing a brand to be a segment leader. We value curiosity, creative thinking, and inclusive leadership.
CKBG (Casa Komos Brands Group) creates premium, inclusive, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands with global appeal. Our portfolio currently includes Tequila Komos, a category redefining line of ultra-luxury Tequilas; Superbird, a collection of super-premium tequila and tequila-based ready to drink canned cocktails, and Doladira, a refreshing, elevated aperitivo of rhubarb and alpine botanicals made with natural ingredients and inspired by the flavor of the Italian alps. We pride ourselves on crafting carefully-considered, unique products that embody a true sense of origin and are respectful of tradition, but never bound by the past. To bring it all to life, we've built a team of passionate, committed individuals who bring a combination of industry-leading knowledge, unique perspectives and cross-functional expertise.
- Build and sustain the highest quality distribution, presence, awareness, relevance and growth among target consumers and target accounts
- Maximize brand growth opportunities across all segments, with focus on luxury On-Premise and high-value retail outlets
- Drive execution and maximum effectiveness of market/Trade development activities (POS, menu, feature & display activities, etc.)
- Accountable for achieving and ensuring sales, KPI, depletion, and activation goals within assigned market
- Accountable for tracking all market KPI achievements utilizing KARMA and or selected sales reporting/tracking tools.
- Effectively plan and schedule weekly goals, targets and objectives
- Accountable for achieving quantitative and qualitative goals (volume, ACS, POD’s, etc.)
- Work closely with our partners to Implement and ensure successful execution of core distributor programming objectives across distributor network including market ride withs and monthly meetings.
- Develop and foster relationships with key/high image accounts
- Develop effective relationships with distributor salesforce and Gallo partners
- Ensure compliance of all regional and national account mandates
- Develop and maintain relationships with key regional accounts and drive KOMOS KPI/Sales initiatives
- Consistently hunting for new key business opportunities (new accounts, partnerships, events, etc.) while developing market changing programs.
- Identify, cultivate, educate and motivate key brand influencers; particularly bartenders, managers and owners of On and Off Premise target accounts; major event promoters; and spirits opinion-makers
- Lead, co-develop and execute all Tequila Komos activation initiatives and Trade Development strategies in market. Including but not limited to hosting consumer tastings and dinners, educating staff, mixologists and bartenders.
- Maintain market budgets: T&E, activation, Nightlife, Dayclub.
- Develop your direct reports business acumen and host meetings with respective teams to outline priorities
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-8 years experience as a spirits supplier and/or distributor representative
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques and distributor network
- Spirits industry training and experience in Brand Activation
- Strong financial acumen; able to manage price structures and understand distributor profit and margins in order to recommend retail pricing
- Self motivated, driven, independent, entrepreneurial
- Distributor management experience
- Market and trade relationships within Casino/Resort/Nightlife/Dayclubs
- Confident public speaker and storyteller with in-depth spirits knowledge
Benefits & Compensation
The anticipated salary range for this role is $85,000 – $100,000 annually. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience, and skills relative to the defined job requirements. In general, actual salaries will fall somewhere in the middle of the range.
This is a remote position, based in California. We offer a competitive benefits package including major medical, dental and vision insurance, FSA, HSA, a complimentary One Medical membership, as well as 401k + match. In addition to the above, as a company that wants to give better, we also partner with Groundswell, a platform designed to match charitable contributions by employees.
CKBG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CKBG considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.