ON PREMISE MARKET MANAGER - CALIFORNIA
Based in Los Angeles, the On Premise Market Manager is responsible for the in-market execution of brand and sales strategies for the Tequila Komos portfolio.
We’re looking for passionate storytellers who are motivated by the opportunity to play an active role in growing a brand from the ground up. We value curiosity, creative thinking, and inclusive leadership.
CKBG (Casa Komos Brands Group) creates premium, inclusive, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands with global appeal. Our portfolio currently includes Tequila Komos, a category redefining line of ultra-luxury Tequilas; Superbird, a collection of super-premium tequila and tequila-based ready to drink canned cocktails, and Doladira, a refreshing, elevated aperitivo of rhubarb and alpine botanicals made with natural ingredients and inspired by the flavor of the Italian alps. We pride ourselves on crafting carefully considered, unique products that embody a true sense of origin and are respectful of tradition, but never bound by the past. To bring it all to life, we've built a team of passionate, committed individuals who bring a combination of industry-leading knowledge, unique perspectives and cross-functional expertise.
- Build the highest quality distribution, presence, awareness, relevance and growth among target consumers and target accounts
- Ensure excellent execution and maximum effectiveness of market activities (POS, menu, feature activities, etc.)
- Maximize brand growth opportunities across all market channels
- Monitor and ensure achievement of sales, depletion, and activation goals within assigned market
- Develop and foster relationships with key/high image accounts
- Develop and monitor KPIs for key/high image account listings (menu placements, staff trainings, account support, sales velocity, etc.)
- Develop effective relationships with distributor salesforce
- Oversee key account list
- Train key bartenders, mixologists, and account staff
- Host consumer tastings and dinners Weekly/Monthly and quarterly (Retail/On Prem)
- Identify key business opportunities (new accounts, partnerships, events, etc.)
- Identify, cultivate, educate and motivate key brand influencers; particularly bartenders, managers and owners of On Premise target accounts; major event promoters; and spirits opinion-makers
- Monitor and report competitor activity (Sales trends, Pricing and ads)
- Lead, co-develop and execute all Tequila Komos activation initiatives in market
- Maintain market activation calendar
- Lead from front, bring to life KOMOS/GALLO programming and standards
- Maintain best in class shelf position and adjacencies in both Retail and On premise
- Effectively communicate sales reports and roll-ups for State Manager and or executive teams
- Effectively capture sales/KPI updates using sales tools such as KARMA and or tracking provided by leadership team(s)
- Maintain Budgets for activation programming and market samples
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years experience as a spirits supplier and/or distributor representative
- Spirits industry training and experience in Brand Activation
- Strong financial acumen able to manage price structures and understand distributor profit and margins in order to recommend retail pricing
- Self-motivated, driven, independent, entrepreneurial
- Hospitality experience a plus
- Market and trade relationships
- Confident public speaker with in-depth spirits knowledge
Benefits & Compensation
The anticipated salary range for this role is $65,000 – $85,000 annually. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience, and skills relative to the defined job requirements. In general, actual salaries will fall somewhere in the middle of the range.
This is a remote position, based in Los Angeles California. We offer a competitive benefits package including major medical, dental and vision insurance, FSA, HSA, a complimentary One Medical membership, as well as 401k + match. In addition to the above, as a company that wants to give better, we also partner with Groundswell, a platform designed to match charitable contributions by employees.
CKBG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CKBG considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.