Director, Talent Acquisition (Remote)
Role Title: Director, Talent Acquisition
Manager: VP, People
The Director, Talent Acquisition will be a collaborative member of the People team responsible for the creation and execution of a talent acquisition strategy that inspires and integrates partnerships, initiatives to attract best-in-class talent. Lead the Talent Acquisition team and partner with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to develop business-relevant recruitment strategies for current and future talent needs –executing strategic, efficient, and effective recruitment programs.
- Build, lead, develop and mentor a high performing recruiting and sourcing function
- Create and execute a talent acquisition strategy that inspires and integrates partnership, initiatives, and supports Tia’s DEIB strategy
- Build trusted partnerships with leadership across Tia to understand organizational priorities, create comprehensive recruiting strategies in line with headcount projections to ensure that Tia has the right resources, the right skills to deliver on proactive, long-term hiring plans
- Design and implement scalable programs and processes and effectively communicate them across the recruiting team in order to drive consistency in service delivery to the organization
- Define success metrics and evaluate our recruiting and sourcing metrics to continuously measure and improve team performance and productivity
- Use data, feedback, and industry benchmarking to identify and implement hiring process improvements, to continually enhance commitment to DEIB, efficiency, effectiveness and candidate experience
- Provide thought leadership and guidance regarding the attraction, recruitment and hiring of talent
- Design and deliver ongoing recruitment education and skill building for hiring managers to support all facets of the candidate selection process that will result in improving quality of hire
- Develop and maintain a consistent volume and pipeline of qualified candidates and talent pools through referrals, networking, partnerships,and through other solutions
- Serve as a recruiter for executive positions or other roles, as determined
- Direct leadership and support on executive-level searches and vendor management where applicable
- Create and maintain talent brand strategy to support elevating Tia as an employer of choice
- 10+ years of experience with full-cycle recruiting and a track record of success recruiting within the Healthcare industry with a focus on clinical hiring (either agency or internal)
- Current with the latest clinical landscape and trends
- Experience managing teams of high performing recruiters across both corporate and clinical roles.
- Fluent in talent life cycle and easily leads and navigates across the continuum from strategy to process
- Strong business acumen to link business strategies with people strategies in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize competing initiatives, project manage and think strategically and creatively to optimize resources
- Strong decision making skills and judgment to problem solve and anticipate needs
- Strong leadership in coaching, training, delegating and providing feedback
- Experience hiring for roles at the mid-career and senior level, a mix of providers, support staff and in house corporate recruiting is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work cross functionally and navigate ambiguity
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Tenacity, intellectual curiosity, and the drive for continuous improvement
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and the ability to navigate competing priorities
Principles of Excellence:
- Achieves goals through guiding others – drives to clarity on goals and outlines the ways that people and processes on the team string together
- Builds organization with growth-oriented culture adds
- Deeply understands team’s emotional needs, practices vulnerability and reflection sharing
- Operates transparently and empowers others to make decisions
- Protects their people from burnout and role models definition of health and well-being
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13" Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!