Director of Finance
apply below or email [email hidden] or [email hidden]
Adelaide is looking for a highly motivated, responsible Director of Finance to manage financial operations and administrative areas. The Director of Finance will be responsible for the company's long-term financial health and growth.
You’ll be responsible for supporting the Chief Operating Officer and the VP of Finance and will have broad exposure to the operations of the organization. You will be expected to handle internal and external communications and should be ready to take ownership of problems, learn fast, and be resilient.
The ideal candidate will have extensive accounting experience, is familiar with Quickbooks and Excel, and be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to guide the company toward increased profitability and success.
Preference is given to candidates who have worked at digital media companies and are located in the New York area.
What You’ll Do and Learn:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities, including running the month-end close process, and performing financial analysis
- Maintain project management reports, and financial modeling
- Prepare financial reports for the executive leadership team and Board of Directors
- Post accounting entries, and complete reconciliations for bank accounts in QuickBooks Online
- Manage accounts receivable functions, including customer invoicing and collections
- Manage accounts payable functions such as validating authorized vendors, verifying approval to pay vendor bills, and facilitating payments to vendors
- Develop, implement, and document new process workflows related to vendors, expenses, accounting, AR/AP, and taxes
- Oversee state and federal corporate revenue tax processes
- Oversee HR activities including benefits administration, new hire orientation
- Review contracts and other legal agreements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Thorough knowledge of established accounting principles, standards, and practices and great attention to detail
- Proficiency with Quickbooks and Excel
- A sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Acts as a problem solver and brings new ideas to the table.
- Willingness to do full-cycle accounting
- Prior startup and team expansion experience
- 5-7 years of hands-on general accounting experience required
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently, handle multiple tasks with deadlines and pressure, adjust work schedules to meet deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Integrity and transparency
What we offer:
- Remote work
- Competitive pay
- Collaborative and creative atmosphere
- Career advancement opportunities
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance package
- Vacation and holidays
Brands and agencies use Adelaide to evaluate digital advertising effectiveness and optimize media on the fly towards more efficient outcomes.
We believe that increasing the transparency of media quality is a critical first step toward repairing the damage caused to our industry by bad metrics.
Adelaide is well funded (our angel round included Michael Kassan, Jonah Goodhart, Lynda Clarizio, and Irwin Gotlieb) and growing quickly.